A-1 SMITH’S SEPTIC SERVICE, INC
A-1 Smith’s Septic Service is a leading provider of Septic Pumping, Grease Trap Pumping and Grease Trap Cleaning services to the residential and commercial customers in Houston, Madison, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Trinity, Walker and Grimes County.
Our business was founded on the principle that septic pumpers don’t want to pump dirty tanks. We’ve spent the last 30 years building our reputation as a family-owned business that offers reliable, responsive service and quick response times.
TOP 10 WAYS TO BE A GOOD SEPTIC OWNER
We listed ten things you can do to be a good septic system owner. It’s important to take care of your system with regular pumps and inspections to prevent disruptions in your system, environmental hazards, and costly repairs down the road.
- Have your system inspected every three years by a qualified professional or according to your state/local health department’s recommendations
- Have your septic tank pumped, when necessary, generally every three to five years
- Avoid pouring harsh products (e.g., oils, grease, chemicals, paint, medications) down the drain.
- Discard non-degradable products in the trash (e.g., floss, disposable wipes, cat litter) instead of flushing them
- Keep cars and heavy vehicles parked away from the drain field and tank
- Follow the system manufacturer’s directions when using the septic tank cleaners and additives
- Repair leaks and use water efficient fixtures to avoid overloading the system
- Maintain plants and vegetation near the system to ensure roots do not block drains
- Use soaps and detergents that are low-suds, biodegradable, and low- or phosphate-free
- Prevent system freezing during cold weather by inspecting and insulating vulnerable systems parts (e.g., the inspection pipe and soil treatment area)
Residential & Commercial Septic
Tank and Grease Trap Pumping
Septic Line Jetting Service
Septic lines tend to get clogged when septic tanks back up. Therefore, we use a high-pressure septic line jetter to remove clogs and allows for free-flowing septic lines.
Across time, septic field lines can develop a film of bacteria that will slowly close the hole of your perforated pipe. This bacterium will damage the integrity of your septic system and will make your system perform poorly.
To remove the bacteria that builds up on the pipe, hydro line jetting is required. Hydro line jetting is a high-speed water pressure hose that thoroughly cleans the inside of your septic field lines and septic lines. This process also clears septic lines that have grease build up and toilet paper clogs. To keep your septic lines performing at their best, hydro line jetting is suggested on an annual basis.
Grease Trap Pumping Service
We pump grease traps on a small scale (typically 500 gallons or less). Most of the time, homeowners have grease traps that kick from the kitchen area and connect to a field line.
We specialize in these types for grease traps and we offer jetting service to these grease traps as well. Household grease traps can run anywhere from 30 gallons on up to 500 gallons. We can service any size commercial grease trap and we will make sure your grease system is performing at its best